Sanjit Kumar Mishra Professor email@example.com 91-9548774358
Areas of Interest
- Twentieth Century British Literature, Post colonial Literature, Contemporary Critical Theories, Indian Writing in English
|2014-01-01||6 years||Associate Professor||I I T Roorkee|
|2009-01-01||5 years||Assistant Professor||I I T Roorkee|
|1998-01-01||11 years||Asstt Professor||Rajasthan Govt|
|2012-01-01||3 years||Warden||Malviya Bhawan (Hostel)|
|2020-09-11||Ongoing||Secretary DFB,||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee|
|2013-01-01||5 years||Faculty Advisor||Cultural Council @ SRE Campus|
|2020-09-11||Ongoing||Faculty Co-advisor||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee|
|2020-09-11||Ongoing||O C Time-Table Faculty Advisor for Cultural Council||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee|
|Ph. D||English literature||B H U||1998|
|M A||English literature||B H U||1995|
|B A||English literature||B H U||1993|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Empowering School Students with Environment Education through Literature||ICSSR New Delhi||2014-01||6 years 8 months|
|Nuances of Urbanity in Nissim Ezekiel's City Poetry||IIT Roorkee (FIG)||2010-01||10 years 8 months|
|Scientific Management of Natural Resources for Sustainable Development in UBA Clusters of Shivalik R||DST||2020-01||Ongoing|
- International Shaw Society, Member
- A E S I, Life Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Modern Drama in English||IHS 05||B Tech 3rd year||Spring|
|Indian Novel in English||IHS 06||B Tech 3rd year||Spring|
|Identity and Contemporary Literature||60||B Tech 3rd year||Autumn|
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Environment and Literature||Dhruv Choudhary et al.|
|The Novels of Charles Dickens||Aman Mittal et al|
|Challenges in Entrepreneurship Development in India||Rajeev Saini and others|
Research Scholar Groups
|Rajeev Tamhankar||Children's Literature|
|Bala Singh||Migration Studies|
|Grima Rawat||Migration and Displacement|
|Nupur Pancholi||Green Studies|
|Nidhi Kaushal||Management Studies and Literature|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|... A Comparative study of Vijay Tendulkar , Girish Karnad and Mahesh Duttani||Pratibha Sharma||O||2008-01|
|Narratives of Displacement||Manjari||O||2019-01|
|Curriculum of English in Primary and pre- Secondary Schools in Rajasthan.||Aarti Malik||O||2008-01|
|Change in Racial Perspectives : Charles Chesnutt, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Ralph Ellison, Toni Morrison||Gunpal Singh||O||2008-01|
|Influence of Hindu Religious Ideologies on Walt Whitman's Poetry||Sangeeta Singh||O||2009-01|
|The Poetry of Jayant Mahapatra : Innovations in Poetic Expression||Mukul Sharma||O||2009-01|
|Marginalisation and Cultural Identity in the works of Mulk Raj Anand and Premchand||Ajay Singh||O||2009-01|
|The Short Stories of Chitra Divakaruni and Jhumpa Lahiri||N. Jaipaul||O||2010-01|
|Partition of India : A Literary-Historical Study||Santosh Kr Yadav||O||2011-01|
|Hindu Myths in Indian Literature in English||Shankar Lal||O||2015-01|
|Representation of Culture and Environment in the Writings of Amitav Ghosh||Nupur Pancholi||O||2017-01|
|Use of Indian Myths in Children's Literature||Rajeev Tamhankar||O||2017-01|
|Developing Managerial and Leadership skills of select Indian leaders||Nidhi Kaushal||O||2016-01|
|Representation of Sports in Literature and Cinema||Mukesh Kumar||O||2017-01|
|National and Trans-national Identities: An Analysis of V S Naipaul's Indian Trilogy||Bala Singh||O||2018-01|
|Cultural Rejuvenation in Contemporary Writings in English||Deepa Randhawa||O||2018-01|
|Analysis of Environmental Justice Through the Works of Wangari Maathai and Wole Soyinka||Garima Rawat||O||2018-01|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|University of Reims, France||Conference on Literary Texts||2013-01-01|
|Rollins College, Orlando (US)||To deliver a talk and a research paper in Comparative Drama Conference||2017-01-01|
|University of Bucharest (Romania)||Coneference on Spirituality in Literature and Arts, organised by University of Bucharest, Romania||2015-01-01|
|Univ. College of Dublin, Ireland||Conference on G B Shaw||2012-01-01|
|Portegrandi||Cultural interaction in the remote villages of Italy||2015-01-01|
|University of Rajasthan||Keynote address||2017-01-01|
|University of Guelph, Canada||International Conference on G B Shaw||2011-01-01|
|Sigmund Freud Museum||Sigmund Freud Museum and other places of academic interest in Vienna (Austria)||2015-01-01|
|Munich||Cultural interactions in connection with a Project on Discovering the Self -I||2017-01-01|
|RIE, Mysore||To present a paper on "Status of Women in India"||2015-01-01|
|University of Delhi (SLC)||Invited as a Resource Person||2020-09-11|
|University of Delhi (SLC)||To deliver lectures -- 1) CULTURE AND COMMUNICATION, 2) CULTURAL IMPERIALISM||2020-09-11|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|International Conference on Science Spirituality & Civilization||ICSSR||2018-01|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Modern Approaches to Research in Language, Literature and Culture||NIT-UK||2020-09|
|Culture & Communication||S L C, University of Delhi||2020-09|
|Perspectives on the Tribes of India||University of Udaipur||2020-01|
|Communication in Indian Context||University of Rajasthan, Jaipur||2017-01|
|Literature and Communication||NIT Uttarakhand||2020-09|
|Public Speaking||NIT Uttarakhand||2020-09|
|Cultural Imperialism||SLC, University of Delhi||2020-09|
|Swami Vivekananda||University of Rajasthan, Jaipur||2020-01|
Particulars of course- Organised a ONE WEEK SHORT TERM COURSE for Faculty Development (QIP,-IIT Roorkee, May 2018) - Organised a One week FDP (online) in collaboration with NIT-UK (27-31 August 2020)
The Poetic Art of Nissim Ezekiel. Atlantic Publishers, New Delhi. 2001
Refereed Journal Papers
- Mishra, Sanjit. “The Romantic Vein in Ezekiel’s Poetry”. RESEARCH JOURNAL (APOORVA) Vol. II. 2006. pp. 93-103.
- Mishra, Sanjit. “Auden and the Human Predicament” . REMARKINGS, Vol. II, 2007. pp. 91-94
- Mishra, Sanjit. “Changing Perspectives on Marginalisation in Mulk Raj Anand” . JOURNAL OF HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES . Vol- 02, Issue-02, December 2010, pp.1-3. (ISSN: 0975-7090)
- Mishra, Sanjit & Mallik, Arti. . “Teaching English in Schools: Problems and Solutions -A Case Study from Rajasthan, India”. Language in India. Vol 11 : 3, March 2011 pp. 253-268
- Mishra, Sanjit & Kumar, Nagendra. “Voices of Protest : An Evaluation of Kamala Das and Namita Gokhale”. ANUSHILANA Research Journal of Indian Culture, Social & Philosophical Stream, Vol XXXIII, March 2011.Pp.31-38 ( ISSN 0973-8762)
- Mishra, Sanjit & Kumar, Nagendra. “Influence of English Modernists on Nissim Ezekiel’s Poetry”. The Criterion Vol. 2: 1 April 2011 (ISSN 0976-8165)
- Mishra, Sanjit & Kumar, Nagendra. “Cross-Cultural Fertilisation : The Influence of Modernism on Indian Poetry in English”. Language in India. Vol. 11: 5. May 2011. (ISSN 1930-2940)
- Mishra, Sanjit & Kumar, Nagendra. “Interrogating the Normal: An Analysis of Mahash Dattani’s Plays”. Abhivyakti Vol III :1. Jan-June 2011 Pp. 37-42 ( ISSN 0975-8801)
- Mishra, Sanjit & Kumar, Nagendra. “ Shaking the Roots of Western Science in Amitav Ghosh’s Calcutta Chromosome”. ASIATIC, Vol 5, No 1, June 2011 . Pp. 78-85. (ISSN 1985-3106)
- Mishra, Sanjit & Kumar, Nagendra. “ Corruption as a Theme in Contemporary Indian Fiction”. ATLANTIC LITERARY REVIEW Quarterly, Vol. 12 No. 3, July- September 2011. Pp. 90-98.
- Sharma, Pratibha & Mishra, Sanjit. “ Social Concerns in the Plays of Vijay Tendulkar”. Language in India. Vol. 12:2, Feb. 2012.(ISSN 1930-2940) pp. 712-729
- Sharma, Pratibha & Mishra, Sanjit. “Girish Karnad: A Contemporary Perspective”, RESEARCH SPECTRUM (ISSN 09765964), Vol. 3, Issue1, February 2012 pp. 14-22
- Sharma, Mukul & Mishra, Sanjit. “Jayant Mahapatra : A Poet of Social- Cultural Concerns”. Language in India Vol. 13:2, Feb. 2013 pp. 267-278.
- Sharma, Mukul & Mishra, Sanjit. "The Marginalized Women in Jayanta Mahapatra’s Poetry". International Journal of English and Education Volume:2, Issue:3, JULY 2013. Pp. 394-399
- Singh, Sangeeta & Mishra, Sanjit. The Enigma of Creator: Creature and Creation in LEAVES OF GRASS and Hindu Religious Ideologies in IJELL (International Journal of English Language and Literature Volume: 1st, Issue: 3rd (July - September 2013’) PP: 89-101
- Singh, Sangeeta & Mishra, Sanjit. “ Hindu Religious Ideologies Reflected in Leaves of Grass” in Kafla Intercontinental. Summer 2013. Pp 39-46.
- Mishra, Sanjit & Yadav, Santosh. "Marginalization of Women in Mughal Period". PARIPREKSYA. Volume VII , 2013. Pp 53-57.
- Yadav, Santosh Kumar; Mishra, Sanjit Kumar & Kumar,Nagendra. RISE OF NATIONALISM IN BANKIMCHANDRA’S ANANDAMATH. Volume-01 Issue-09, January-2015 IJHEPS. Home Page: www.ijheps.org pp. 16-19
- Mishra, Sanjit & Gaur, Priya. Environment and Literature: An Analysis of the Pedagogic Possibilities. International Journal of English and Education (ISSN: 2278-4012) Volume:4, Issue:1, January 2015. pp. 577-589
- Gaur Priya & Mishra Sanjit. A Vedic Approach towards Exploring Education for Sustainable Development. IJBA. Vol 2, No. 5. April-June, 2015. Pp. 294-297.
- Yadav, Santosh Kumar; Mishra, Sanjit Kumar & Kumar, Nagendra. Women in Cinema on Indian Partition. IRJEPS. Vol 1. 11, January 2016. pp 13-15.
- Shankar Lal & Mishra, Sanjit. The God that Failed: The Failure of Naxal Movement in Bani Basu's The Enemy Within. The Criterion. Vol. 7, Issue I, February 2016. pp 208-214. (http://www.the-criterion.com/V7/n1/029.pdf)
- Shankar Lal & Mishra, Sanjit. Myth in Early Modern Indian Literature: A Brief Survey. International Journal of English Language, Literature and Humanities (IJELLH), Volume IV, Issue IX. September 2016 (http://ijellh.com/myth-early-modern-indian-literature-brief-survey)
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit. Learning Crisis Management Through Literature. International Journal of Management (IJM). Volume 7, Issue 6, Sept - Oct 2016. pp. 164-169. (http://iaeme.com/MasterAdmin/ Journal_uploads/IJM/VOLUME_7_ ISSUE_6/IJM_07_06_018.pdf)
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit. Leaders as Managers: A Study of Entrepreneurial and Managerial Skills of Nation’s Leaders. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF INNOVATIVE RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT. (ISSN 2278 – 0211 (Online)) October, 2016 Vol 5 Issue 12. pp 162-164
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit. Enriching Management Studies through Indian Wisdom . IOSR Journal of Business and Management (IOSR-JBM) , Volume 18, Issue 7 .Ver. II (July 2016), e-ISSN: 2278-487X, p-ISSN: 2319-7668. PP 6-10
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit. “Bibliotherapy: A Contrivance to the Happiness at Workplace”. International Journal of Scientific Research and Management (IJSRM), Volume 4, Issue 12. 2016, pp. 4996 - 5001
- Shankar Lal & Mishra, Sanjit. The Curse of Being Woman: Mythological Echoes in Mahasweta Devi’s Draupadi. Bharatiya Pragna: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Indian Studies. Vol. 1, No. 3, 2016, pp. 41-46.
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit. (2017). Leader’s Happiness. International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies (IJIRAS) Volume 4 Issue 1, 217-221
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit. (2017). Bringing Change in the Study of Management through Literature. International Conference on Role of Arts, Culture, Humanities, Relegion,Education, Ethics , Philosopy,Sprituality and Science For Holistic Societal Development, Krishi Sanskriti Publications (pp. 45-47). New Delhi: Krishi Sanskriti Publications.
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit. . (2017). Erudition of Management Studies through Traditional Stories in Literature. Business Science International Research Journal Volume 5 Issue1, 10-13.
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit. (2017). Introducing Literary Writings to Develop Cognizance in Personnel. 5(3). International Journal of Advanced Research, 2087-2092.
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit.“Conceptualizing the Literary Study of Primal Ethics with Management”. MAYFEB Journal of Business and Management - ISSN 2371-7742 Vol 2 (2017) - Pages 17-25
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit. "Comprehensive Interpretation of Leadership from the Narratives in Literature". Journal of Entrepreneurship, Business and Economics, 5: 2 ( June 2017), p. 64-86
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit. A REVIEW OF PAUSES AND SILENCE IN COMMUNICATION. International Journal of Research – GRANTHAALAYAH. Vol.5 (Iss.5): May, 2017. Pp. 170-181
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit. INFERENCE OF SWAMI VIVEKANANDA’S TEACHINGS AND SKILLS IN MODERN MANAGEMENT STUDIES. International Journal of Information, Business and Management, Vol. 9, No.4, 2017 Pp. 150-166
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit. "Management Practices in the Ancient Vedas". Global Journal of Management and Business Research (Global Journals Inc. USA). Volume 17 Issue 2 Version 1.0 , 2017. Pp. 22-30
- Tamhankar, Rajeev & Mishra, Sanjit. ‘’Creative Employment of Hindu Myths Modern Childrens’ Literature’’. Asian Quarterly: An International Journal of Contemporary Issues. Vol 16 Issue 3, November 2018. Pp. 96-104
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit. ''Altruism as a Component of Leadership: An Indian Perspective''. JOURNAL OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP, BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS (ISSN 2345-4695) ,6(2), 2018. Pp 1-11
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit.''Literary Perspectives on Emotional Intelligence in Leadership''. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF BUSINESS MANAGEMENT INSIGHT AND TRANSFORMATIONSS. Vol.2, Issue 1. 2018. Pp 25-29
- Pancholi, Nupur & Mishra, Sanjit. "Colonization of Western Himalayas and Cultivation of Pine: A Geo-cultural Perspective". International Journal of English Language, Literature and Humanities. Vol 7, Issue 2. Feb 2019. Pp 71-82.
- Kaushal, Nidhi & Mishra, Sanjit. ''Edification of Conservation Management through Folk-lore and Vedic Literature''. EUROPEAN MODERN STUDIES JOURNAL (ISSN 2522-9400), Vol 3 No. 1. 2019.
- Balasingh & Mishra, Sanjit. " The travel to Roots through Routes in vain: An Identity Quest in V S Naipaul's India: An Area of Darkness" . International Journal of English Language, Literature and Humanities. Vol 7 Issue 4. April 2019. Pp 815- 823.
- Tamhankar, Rajeev & Mishra, Sanjit. " Sports in Graphical Storytelling of Amar Chitra Katha’s Krishna" , International Journal of English Language, Literature in Humanities, [S.l.], Vol. 7, Issue 5, Pp. 1080-91, May 2019.
- Balasingh & Mishra, Sanjit. " Kurtz as Mammon: An Archetypal Analysis of Joseph Conrad’s Heart of Darkness" . Literary Endeavour . Vol: X, Issue: 3. 2019. Pp. 36-39.
- Kaushal, N., & Mishra, S. (2020). Developing Positive Leadership though Literature: Towards a Human- Centric Model of Leadership and Management. In Satinder Dhiman & Joan Marques (Eds.), NEW HORIZONS IN POSITIVE LEADERSHIP AND CHANGE - A Practical Guide for Workplace Transformation. Springer Nature: Switzerland, Pp. 333-348